The Association of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities (APSCU), Ilocos Norte, Laoag City, Batac City Chapter conducted their 3rd General Assembly on January 18, 2019, at Northwestern University Students Center. It had as its theme: “APSCU Ilocos Norte, Laoag City, Batac City in the Forefront of Enhanced Leadership Dynamics in Private Schools.” Dr. Joye D. Madalipay, DepEd Laoag City Assistant Schools Division Superintendent, was the keynote speaker.
The General Assembly was participated by the following schools:
• Badoc Junior College, Banna Academy, Inc.
• Batac Institute, Batac Junior College
• Dingras Faith Academy, Inc.
• Divine Word College of Laoag
• Eureka High School
• Gov. Roque B. Ablan, Sr. Memorial Academy, Inc.
• Graceland Saviour’s Institution, Inc.
• Holy Spirit Academy of Laoag
• IGAMA Colleges Foundation, Inc.
• Immaculate Concepcion Academy
• International School of the Arts, Languages and the Academe
• Juan Luna Memorial Academy, Inc.
• Northern Christian College
• Padre Annibale Integrated School, Inc.
• Northwestern University
• Paoay North Institute
• Pasuquin High School of Piddig, Inc.
• Pinili Institute, Roosevelt High School of Piddig Inc.
• Our Saviour’s Foundation, Inc.
• St. Andrew Academy
• St. Anne Academy of Piddig
• St. James Academy of Pasuquin
• St. Joseph High School – Laoag
• St. Joseph Institute of Dingras, Inc.
• St. Jude High School
• St. Lawrence the Deacon,
• St. Mary’s Seminary
• St. Nicholas Academy of Vintar
• Sta. Rosa Academy of San Nicolas, Ilocos Norte, Inc.
• Vintar Academy
Aside from the Keynote Speech of DepEd Laoag ASDS Dr. Joye D. Madalipay, messages were also given by Mr. Nemalyn M. Ulep, School Governance and Operations Division (SGOD) Chief of Batac City, and Mr. Arnel S. Bandiola, Curriculum Implementation Division (CID) Chief of Ilocos Norte. The Treasurer’s Report came from Ms. Imelda Dawang, APSCU Treasurer, and the President’s Report from Mrs. Demetria D. Mercado, APSCU President. The assembly also included a Zumba Competition, and the Awarding of Certificates of Loyalty.
During the afternoon program, NWU VPAA Liza Nicolas also talked about the Lifeline program, which helps students cope with depression alongside life coaches, while NWU PIO/PRO Spider Rodas invited the schools to the different inter-high school competitions that will happen during the 87th Foundation Week of NWU