Concomitant to its role as a university in which higher learning, research, and community extension are developed and nurtured, Northwestern University adopts the following objectives where excellence as a way of life is its rallying point.
- To provide a strong educational foundation by offering and maintaining comprehensive basic/general education programs and strengthening pillars of knowledge in the academy in order to produce functional graduates who will be able to meet the needs of both local and global markets.
- To train and develop students and employees for responsible leadership, effective citizenship, and social responsibility through the inculcation of the ideals of democracy and positive values, manifested by a great concern for their fellowmen.
- To provide a strong and comprehensive human resource development program for professional advancement and to remain competitive in changing times.
- To align and harmonize the research and extension programs with the local, regional, national and global thrusts.
- To explore and expand linkages with local and international agencies.