NWU-PESO serves as a one-stop center established to provide employment information and assistance to the graduates and students of the university, Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) clients and constituents of local government units (LGUs). It makes available in one roof the various employment promotion and manpower programs and services of DOLE and other government agencies.
Employment Referral Services
* Wage Employment Facilitation (local & overseas)
* Self-Employment and Livelihood Facilitation
* Employability Enhancement or Training
Recruitment Assistance for Employers
Provide referral and placement services for local and overseas as well as private and civil service employment. Employment Information & Guidance Services Provide clients with adequate information on employment and the labor market situation. Special Programs
* Special Programs for Employment of Students (SPES) This program shall endeavor to provide employment to deserving students and out- of-school youths coming from poor families during summer and/or Christmas vacations as provided for under Republic Act No. 7323 and its implementing rules, to enable them to pursue their education.
Work Appreciation Program (WAP) Provide the youth the opportunities to be able to appreciate work and develop proper work ethics by exposing them to actual work situation.
* Youth Weekend Brigade Low-cost but high impact youth programs of the various government agencies and local government units, which is implemented during weekends.
*Tulay 2000 “Building human bridges for the development of persons with disabilities through training and employment.
*Jobs Fair Employment facilitation strategy aimed to fast-track the meeting of job seekers and employers/overseas recruitment agencies in one venue at a specific date to reduce cost, time and effort particularly on the part of the applicants.
*Livelihood and Self-Employment Fair Give clients information on the wide array of livelihood programs they choose to avail of.
*AIR Campaign Provides information regarding anti- illegal recruitment.
*Phil Jobnet An automated job and applicant matching system which aims to fast-track job seekers search for jobs.
*PESO for Overseas Conducts Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar. Other Services To obtain the objectives of the NWU-PESO, the following services were designed:
* Assessment of career situations and possibilities
* Evaluation and improvement of personal marketing materials
* Connections with industry professionals relative to the field of interest
* Interviewing workshop, skill building tutorials, resume writing workshop, personality development given through Annual Career Assistance Program in participation with Guidance Center
* On-the-job training/International practicum assistance
* Special Programs include Job Fair, AIR Campaign, Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS), Phil-Jobnet, Special Programs for Employment of Students (SPES).
Contact Us E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org