The then Northwestern Academy opened its Liberal Arts Department in 1949 after recovering from the onslaught and devastation brought about by World War II.
The department underwent different reforms and innovations that were geared towards strengthening and improving the whole organization. The marked improvements enticed many to enroll. Many of the noted and respected graduates are a testimony to the department’s strength.
Through the years, the College of Arts and Sciences continued to aim for excellence producing quality graduates who excel in public or private sectors.
At the turn of the 21st century, the College of Arts and Sciences endeavored to further enhance its capabilities for generations to come. The department will continue to infuse fresh blood as it looks forward for global competitiveness until the end.
· To train the students to become disciplined and productive members of the society by providing relevant learning experiences;
· To enhance the ability of the students to think critically through adequate exposure to the tools and techniques of objective analysis of facts;
· To harness the linguistic and communicative abilities;
· To aid the students in identifying and appreciating positive human values and in strengthening human relations.
· Bachelor of Arts in Economics
· Communication Arts
· Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
· Environmental Hygiene
· Environmental Planning and Management
· AB Economics
o Bank Analyst
o Budget Analyst
o Commercial Analyst
o Communication Specialist
o Public Relations Officer/Public Information Officer
o Tourist Guide
o Radio Announcer
o Bank Teller
o Travel Agent
o Sales Representative
AB Political Science
o Legislative Aid to Congress
o Staff Member of Congress
AB Mass Communication
o Advertising Consultant
o Copy Writer
o Public Relations Officer
o Radio/TV Announcer
o Radio/TV Producer
o Events Coordinator
o Guidance Counselor
o Personnel Officer
BS Environmental Studies
o Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities are essential for a balanced development of a student. The venue for talents and capabilities are: