The Disaster Task Force is a special group organized to function as the university’s disaster risk reduction and management unit and quick emergency response team. The Task Force has the following duties and responsibilities:
Recommend policies in relation to the university’s disaster management program particularly on the following areas of applications:
- Disaster prevention
- Disaster mitigation
- Disaster response and
- Disaster rehabilitation
- Mobilize available resources of the university in cases or emergencies.
- Ensure the safety and evacuation of students and employees during emergencies.
- Provide immediate medical assistance to the victim during emergencies.
- Coordinate with the Bureau of Fire Protection, Philippine National Police, rescue and medical units, hospitals, and other concerned agencies in the event of emergencies, and
- Conduct regular evacuation drills.